- Name of the Fort:
- Naldurg which was formerly a district headquarter is situated about 50 Kms. southeast of Osmanabad. The fort which is an interesting place has enclosed a surface of a knoll or plantain of basalt rock which is jutted out into the valley or raving of the small river Bori. Along the rest of the cliff on three sides ran fortifications. Bastion firmly built out are large enough to carry heavy guns. The entire circumference is about a mile and a half. The interior portion is covered with ruined walls and a wide road running up to the centre.
- The Naldurg fort is one of the important ground forts in the Marathawada region. It represents a fine example of the medieval architectural style.
It it believed that the fort was built by Nalaraja (The King Nala). The fort and the city is named after him. The fort was built in the period of the Later from A.D. 1351 to A.D. 1480 in the period of the kings and in A.D. 1558, the Adil Shahi rulers constructed the massive fortification wall of the fort. In A.D. 1613, Ibrahim Adilshah II built the weir on the river Bori and constructed Pani Mahal.